- About Us
- Approval Status
- CMS Courses
- Alternative Medicines
- Why OIUAM?
- Contact Us
ACTIVITIES OF THE OPEN INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF
The OIUAM, KUTTALAM-609801,TAMILNADU is sponsoring the following course of Community Medical Services (CMS) is a Health Awareness Programme persuaded by W.H.O. on the pattern of approved guidelines “Essential Drugs for Primary Healthcare” under distance education system with its aims and objectives.
This is the refresher course for the Hereditary and Experienced basis Rural Medical Practitioners to refresh the FIRST AID knowledge of the Rural Medical Practitioners and to work as a Social Rural Health Workers along with their trained systems in the deep Rural areas of non-availability of qualified Doctors.
C.M.S + ED ( Community Medical Services )
The courses are appended below :
1. Duration :- 2 Years
2. Eligibility :- 10th pass or equivalent with 5 Yrs experience as
compounder/Lab technician / Lab assistant or any Registered
or Experienced Doctor from any Pathy.
3. Requirements :- a) Submission of 2 passport & 1 stamp size photos.
b) Two Character Certificates and a Service Certificate from
any Gazetted Officer for experienced holders only in the
Prescribed Forms enclosed herewith.
c) Ration Card Xerox, TC or Mark Sheet Xerox ( for Age
4. Course Fees :- * Rs 40,000 /- (Fourty thousand only) either in person or
through DD or MO in favour of The President, National Board
of Alternative Medicines,Kuttalam-609801,Nagai-Dt,T.Nadu.
5.Registration :- After passing Dip.CMS course candidates have to get
registered themselves ‘B’ Grade in National Board of
Alternative Medicines by submit 3 pp photos & a fee
of Rs 10,000/- (It will be published in the T. N. Govt. Gazette.)
6.Medium of Instruction :- ENGLISH only
7.Study Material :- Lessons covering different subjects such as Anatomy, Physiology and E.D.P (Essential Drugs Primary) will be sent you by the Institute through post.
8. Practical and Clinical Programme :- The date of TEN days compulsory Personal Contact Programme (PCP) for distance mode students of the CMS Course every year will be intimated before a month by the Institute. The PCP will be conducted by a M.B.B.S Doctor and a Practical Marks will be awarded also by him.
Important Note : Non attended students of the PCP will not be permitted to write their Prescribed Examinations in the same session. They will be allowed to write their Examinations in another session after completing their practical training in the next batch will be intimated.
9. Examination : After sending the study material for the course the students are requested to go through the subjects very well in the remaining periods. The dates of Examination will be intimated to the students before a month along with the intimation of PCP. The examinations will be supervised by Gazetted Official in the examination hall and your Answer scripts will be valued by a M.B.B.S Doctor. Examinations will be held in every year November Last Week.
10. Sessions :- Every Year admission open in JANUARY month.
11. How to Apply... ? The duly filled application should be forwarded by the candidates to the THE REGISTRAR, (OIUAM) THE OPEN INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY FOR ALTERNATIVE MEDICINES, 60, Mela Chetty Street, Kuttalam-609801, Nagai-DT, T.Nadu, South India
12. Benefits of the Course :- After passing this course candidates can serve the society in deep rural areas as First Aid Service by the use of approved E.D.P. mentioned overleaf on the reverse of the certificate with their owned and trained system of Medicines but strictly not in the Urban Areas.
SUBJECT FOR C.M.S. COURSE
1. ANATOMY 100
2. PHYSIOLOGY 100
3. PATHOLOGY 100
4. GYNAECOLOGY & OBSTETRICS 100
5. PHARMACOLOGY & LAB METHODS 100
6. PRACTICE OF MEDICINES 100
7. COMMUNITY MEDICINE 100
8. PRIMARY HEALTH CARE EXAMINATION 100
A. HEALTH EDUCATION ———————
B. DIAGNOSIS 800
C. FIRST AID ———————
D. HEALTH and NUTRITION